2017 GNOME Documentation Sprint

Petr Kovar pmkovar at gnome.org
Thu May 18 21:37:10 UTC 2017

Hi Ubuntu docs team,

The GNOME documentation team is organizing a documentation sprint from
August 14-16, 2017 in Cincinnati, OH, USA, and we would like to invite
people from the Ubuntu documentation project to join us to spend some time
together working on content updates for future GNOME releases, as well as
looking into how we could improve on collaboration and planning between
upstream and downstream consumers of desktop documentation.

With Ubuntu moving to upstream GNOME, we are already seeing an increased
number of patches coming from Ubuntu contributors, which is great, and I
think having a joint documentation event could strengthen and expand the
connections even more!

Interested? Let us know! I've set up a wiki page with details on the event
where you can sign up and propose your own ideas for agenda:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/Docs2017

The documentation sprint will follow after the Open Help Conference 2017,
you can read more about that here:

https://conf.openhelp.cc/

As always, you can find GNOME docs folks in #docs on irc.gnome.org.

Hope to see you at the sprint!
Petr Kovar