Can you read this email? (second attempt)

Kevin Godby godbyk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 02:00:34 UTC 2017

Hello, C.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 7:11 PM, C de-Avillez <hggdh2 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 18:24:24 -0600
> Kevin Godby <godbyk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If we want to allow the signature attachments to come through, I can
>> add those content types to the whitelist.
>
> I would suggest you should. Without the actual signature, there is no
> way to verify it. Yes, there is an attachment that will state the
> message is signed, but not with what key. Taking out the actual
> signature completely defeats signing.

I understand. But it's not entirely my call.

Are there any problems with archiving signed messages? How do other
Ubuntu lists handle them?

> May I also suggest that you forward messages worked by the content
> filter to list owner? This would be temporary, but would allow you to
> monitor how aggressive the filter is (and, perhaps, save the eventual
> message that would be lost).

We enabled the forward option recently so instead of the filtered
messages being silently discarded, they will be forwarded to the list
admins. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be catching all the cases.

—Kevin