Can you read this email? (second attempt)

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Thu Mar 9 01:01:49 UTC 2017

On 2017.03.08 16:32 Kevin Godby wrote:

>>> No, the only one I've seen was the original test message from Alberto.
>> O.K. so we still have a problem.
>>
>> Did you at least get a copy in your inbox, since you were also directly
>> addressed on the C.C. line? (and I am referring to the one from later
>> last night, the one with the doc team list also on the C.C. line. His earlier
>> one didn't have the doc team list on the C.C. line, which was the whole point
>> of the test request.)
>
> Yes, I received the message he CC'd me on.
>
> It has the following content types:
>
> Main content type: multipart/signed
> Message body: text/plain
> Signature attachment: application/pkcs7-signature
>
> Since we recently added the multipart/signed content type to the
> whitelist, the mailing list is okay with that part. The text/plain
> content type was already there, so that part was okay. The
> application/pkcs7-signature content type is not whitelisted, though,
> so the mailing list stripped that attachment.

Hi Kevin,

I am getting confused. To clarify, I have moved away from Alberto
and onto to test case 2 from last night, Robert Young (I added back
some of my earlier e-mail above).

His e-mail did not get to the list, and, if I understand correctly,
you did not get a bounce message. So it was silently dropped,
which I thought should not occur anymore.
There was no signature on his e-mail, but it was html, which used to
work fine on this list (although it makes searching the text archives
annoying).