I have written a draft for the Reporting Bugs guide

Thomas Ward teward at trekweb.org
Thu Apr 27 01:46:59 UTC 2017

Alright guys let's all calm down and stop sniping at each other, I don't have to want to call for moderation of the list again.

That said, I have my own concerns by using the swastika.  While the purest form of the swastika comes from non-Nazi religious symbols, we should avoid using it because of the way it was twisted during the late 30s and 40s.  Keeping it in will cause debates such as these which already started here which should not be taking place.

The rule of thumb in the world is "if it will potentially be seen as extremely offensive don't even go anywhere near there."  This is the rule which is being broken here.

I have yet to review the draft due to time constraints but I feel that a majority of the community will agree with me on this one - the swastika is a "no go" so it should be pulled from any Ubuntu documentation, draft or not.

Thomas

*Sent from my iPhone.  Please excuse any typos, as they are likely to happen by accident.*