Serverguide LTS point release [was: Serverguide content for non LTS]

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Mon Nov 28 16:59:24 UTC 2016

On 2016.10.11 Doug wrote:

> There is also a pending very small, but significant, change to Samba,
> so we'll look into doing a point release soon.

Recall I mentioned that we should do a Serverguide point release soon.

I was reminded this morning when I was using the on-line
version of the serverguide for guidance, but it was not up to date,
so I am using my local version, compiled from the current trunk master
files.

Anyway, let's set  December 5th (arbitrarily picked) as a string freeze
date before we give translators some time for a point release perhaps
a couple of weeks later.

... Doug