Application to join ~ubuntu-core-doc

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 1 17:32:48 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-01 12:13, Chris Perry wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to apply to join ~ubuntu-core-doc:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc
>
> I confirm that I have read the System Documentation:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation
>
> I confirm that I have read the Bug Control page and all links:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl
>
> I confirm that I have a basic understanding of bug triage.
>
> I confirm that I am comfortable working with Bazaar and Launchpad.
> I've never used Docbook and I believe I won't need to use it - since
> I'm only working on the desktop help.
>
> I've used Ubuntu at home since about 2005 and I joined this email
> list in 2007. I offered to help with the Ubuntu documentation earlier
> this year because it sounded as if the Ubuntu Docs Team were in
> urgent need of some help. At present I plan to work on the Ubuntu
> desktop help only. So far I have contributed about half a dozen
> revisions to the Ubuntu desktop help, listed here:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-docs/trunk
>
> On the subject of criteria for members of ~ubuntu-core-doc I like
> what Gunnar wrote (link below): " ... the most important criteria are
> not easy to put words on: After all we want committers and wiki
> admins with good judgement and who don't screw up things. ;)". If my
> application is approved, I promise to be very careful when I change
> the Ubuntu desktop help.
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2014-May/018905.html
>
> Thanks in advance for taking the time to review my application.

I've had the pleasure to sponsor Chris during the past few weeks, and
noticed that his contributions have been of high quality. Especially I
appreciate that some of the merge proposals have included thoughtful
discussions on the rationale for the proposed changes. As an
~ubuntu-core-doc member Chris would be able to contribute more
efficiently. I trust that Chris would make use of the commit right in a
responsible manner and ask when in doubt.

Hence I support this application, and if nobody expresses their
hesitation, I'm going to add Chris to ~ubuntu-core-doc in a week.

Thanks for your great work, Chris!

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj