ubuntu-docs SRU / Xenial translation update

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Thu May 26 23:42:18 UTC 2016

Hi translators!

The first language pack update for Xenial will happen in a few weeks.
This is the plan:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/XenialXerus/ReleaseSchedule

I'll get back to you when it's time to test.

But before the new language packs are built, you may want to give a shot
with untranslated strings. Even if your language is well translated, I'd
like to mention that a few late (post DocumentationStringFreeze) changes
of translatable strings have been made. This is especially true for the
Ubuntu Desktop Guide (package ubuntu-docs), where there are 30+ new or
changed strings.

The stable release update (SRU) of ubuntu-docs is now done, and the
translation template has been uploaded to Launchpad. A current version
of ubuntu-docs is available for your convenience in this PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Let me also take this opportunity to remind of the desire for many
languages to fine tune the ubuntu-docs translations by fixing Mallard
syntax errors:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2016-March/007129.html

The deadline for the Xenial update of the ubuntu-docs translations is on
June 16th, i.e. in three weeks. For most other packages, translations
made by June 23rd will be reflected in the first language pack update
for Xenial.

I think this is it. Don't hesitate to ask for clarifications.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj