Current wiki access status

Paul White paulw2u at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 21 17:42:46 UTC 2016

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, at 17:21, Alan Pope wrote:

> With respect, you weren't the one getting hundreds of requests, and
> personal mails and pings on IRC from people *begging* to be allowed
> access to the "ubabto wiki".

But I'm willing to help  :)

> It's not so much having procedures. The procedure is simply to make
> sure the applicant is a real Ubuntu contributor.

Alan, I'm probably taking a very simplistic view of the "temporary"
solution but would not a sufficient number of approved
admins/moderators/helpers working to an agreed but unpublished set of
criteria for giving someone to ~ubuntu-wiki-editors produce a list of
those that could be trusted?

Of course what those criteria were would be have to be based on the past
experiences of the admins of the various Launchpad groups that have in
the past given or denied edit access to the wiki(s).
--
Paul White
PaulW2U at ubuntu.com