[desktop] ubuntu-docs branch ready for yakkety

Hannie Dumoleyn lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Mon Jun 20 14:40:43 UTC 2016

Op 20-06-16 om 15:22 schreef Ian Nicholson:
> On 06/20/2016 05:47 AM, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:
>> Thanks, Lyz and Stephen,
>> I have just installed the Unity 8 preview and made a first exploration
>> tour. Although it is far from perfect (system settings, web browser etc.
>> do not work), it gives me the opportunity to do some research.
>> Hannie
>>

> Hi Hannie,
> I'd like to help with the Unity8 docs, is there a group of people
> collaborating or are you just doing it on your own?  If you are doing
> it on your own, would you be open to collaborating?

Hello Ian,
Thanks for your kind offer. I was just going to ask on the list who
wants to help. What we can do is the following. You, me, and other team
members who want to help, can start by installing the Unity 8 preview
(sudo apt install unity8-desktop-session-mir) and explore it.
Since it is very different from Unity 7 I suggest we start a whole new
chapter from scratch.
At the moment it does not work too well in Xenial 16.04.1, but it is a
beginning. We can try to gather as much information on Unity 8 as we can
get and share it.
Greets,
Hannie