Re: Wiki vandalism and performance 🖋

Chris Perry clissold345 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:20:09 UTC 2016

Hi Alberto

Thanks for starting to look into this. There's lots of questions to
consider. It may be that we arent making full use of the anti spam
functionality in the current wiki engine (MoinMoin). It may be that
other wiki engines provide better anti spam functionality than
MoinMoin. The effort to move to another wiki engine (if we chose to do
so) may well be significant. If we moved to another wiki engine the
anti spam functionality probably wouldn't work out of the box, it
would probably need to be set up for our wiki. etc etc

I'm not planning to do any research on this subject. I think it's more
useful for me to work on the content of the wiki (rather than its
implementation).

Regards,

Chris.