Noticeboard?

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Wed Jun 8 13:18:11 UTC 2016

On 08/06/16 15:34, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Elizabeth K. Joseph:
> > So informing the community of every change means we're also telling
> > the spammers.
>
> If the change is effective it won't matter if they know it. In fact
> the faster they try to trick the system, the faster we will be able to
> figure out how to kick them forever.

I don't think I understand how this would be the case.

Again, the problem isn't with spambots, it's about microworkers (or
Mechnical Turks) who are able to pass many spam-preventing measures much
easier. Especially if we tell them how they can do that.

Ultimately it comes down to telling apart a legimitate contributor and
somebody who fakes to be one.

Yt,
Pasi

--