Request for Ubuntu Doc Leadership

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 2 13:55:58 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Elizabeth K. Joseph <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 1:18 AM, Hannie Dumoleyn
> <lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl> wrote:
>> Hi Doug,
>> As far as I know this follow up meeting has not been scheduled yet. The
>> first meeting was put on Doodle by David Planella. It is clear that the
>> docs-team is really in need of a leader who will take care of things like
>> planning meetings etc. The problem is that we are in a vicious circle.
>> Because there is no leader, there are no meetings planned, and because there
>> is no follow up meeting there is no leader for the docs-team.
>
> Exactly!

Nearly two months after this email, and three months since my initial
request for help, only a single meeting has happened to help fulfill
my initial request. We still don't have someone to even schedule a
second meeting. We remain stuck.

The team managed to get some docs out for the 16.04 release, thanks to
everyone who worked hard on that! But we still have things like the
wiki lockdown that are serious problems community-wise (potential
Ubuntu Members can't create their wiki pages, non-Ubuntu Member LoCo
contacts can't do their team reports) that no one is able to make time
to work on.