Moving the Ubuntu Wiki to Mediawiki or something else?

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 16 20:02:24 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-16 19:53, José Antonio Rey wrote:
> Currently, the Ubuntu Wiki is based in moinmoin, which is a slow
> platform due to several reasons.
> There's some people who are evaluating the option to move the wiki
> outside moinmoin, and have suggested Mediawiki.

As far as I understand there are currently two MoinMoin wikis:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommunityHelpWiki

Are we talking about both?

As regards the community help wiki, there is a much more urgent issue:
Due to a spambot incident, it's actually not a wiki for the time being,
since only a small group of editors has access to make changes.

There is an open RT ticket:
https://rt.ubuntu.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=27950

Sure, if the current wiki software isn't sufficient to handle the
current sizes of the wikis, I'm all for a change.

But...

My main concern is about priorities. The emergency wiki issue is
described in the RT ticket. Please fix that issue first.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj