Recent modifications on a wiki page

Christopher M. Penalver christopher.m.penalver at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:28:33 UTC 2015

Andrea, as is noted in my wiki comments, if there is a way to find the
appropriate BIOS without Windows, it would make the most sense to put
it in https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BIOSUpdate , versus expand the
scope of https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SamsungBIOS , as it already
has a defined documentation scope (given I started it as a
sub'ish-article of BIOSUpdate). :D

However, from my read of your edit, you couldn't get the URL serial
number without Windows (making it useless for folks who are using
Ubuntu who would have to install Windows just to find out the
information, and they would be better off just checking for the update
with the Samsung utility at that point).

By the way, I am not subscribed to this list. So in the future, please
try to work it out with folks directly (I am getting hundreds of
emails a day, so one missed e-mail wouldn't be considered exhaustive
in trying to work something out). If after multiple attempts, one
cannot come to an amicable resolution, one would want to request of
them to bring this out in a public forum first, and then if still no
resolution is found, at least CC the individual of such a public post
(as they may not be subscribed).

Thank you for your understanding.

Christopher M. Penalver
E-Mail: christopher.m.penalver at gmail.com