Community involvement - brainstorming

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 16:53:59 UTC 2015

Daniel Holbach:
> - people who organise (and/or write) content
> - people who format content
> - people who test/review the docs

I think that even better than that would be to write a style guide.

Daniel Holbach:
 > One thing I'd like to suggest is to have one or multiple "docs hours"
 > a week.

I feel the main purpose of meetings are people to enrol with each other
while keeping in touch with what is going on. For that I think the ideal
timing would be once a month.

Daniel Holbach:
 > At some stage it might make sense to have an IRC meeting or a
 > hangout together and figure out what's feasible and who could imagine
 > helping with what.

I think that video-conference is more appropriate, because you can see
people's faces. On the other hand I am very resistant to use proprietary
software except when it pains a lot, and that excludes the Google
Hangouts plug-in.

Daniel Holbach:
 > Timezones can be an issue, maybe we can pick two hours on the
 > preferred day?

Can be an option.

Somehow this is why I usually prefer email for discussing decisions,
while I keep video-conference and chatting rather for socializing.

Daniel Holbach:
 > We could also invite some docs folks to the Ubuntu Community Q&A to
 > give the team some exposure?

We can. On the other hand I believe that the most effective way of
promoting the team is people to find information about it when
navigating pages about ways of contributing to Ubuntu.

Daniel Holbach:
 > Do we have a list of tasks for the rest of the cycle?

1. Put information about the team on the pages about ways of
contributing to Ubuntu.

2. Write a style guide on how to write documentation, put it in a
visible place, and tell other teams about it.

Daniel Holbach:
 > Have a great day.

You too ;)