there's absolutely wrong statement regarding Solaris's zones and FreeBSD's jail in LXC doc:

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Tue Nov 11 05:34:44 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 04:11:20AM +0000, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> > On 2104.11.09 21:03 Igor Podlesny wrote:
> Igor, I'm not quite following.  You say the statement "containers are
> better compared to zones or jail" is wrong because zones and jails are
> very similar to containers.  But those are saying the same thing.
>
> Perhaps rephrasing your objection in the form of a patch would help to
> clarify?

The current quote is:

 "They are more akin to an enhanced chroot than to full virtualization like Qemu or VMware, both because they do not emulate hardware and because containers share the same operating system as the host. Therefore containers are better compared to Solaris zones or BSD jails."

I read the sentence "containers are better compared to zones or jail" as being a bit awkward itself.
It can be parsed as really needing a comma after "better", with the meaning "containers are better than zones or jail".  In this context, that is actually how I, a native English speaker, parsed it.
Or it can be parsed as "containers are similar to zones or jail" (i.e. it is better to compare them to zones or jail than to compare them to Qemu or VMware.

So I agree with Igor that the documentation should be revised, but I understand that we all agree with the original authors on the meaning to be conveyed.  I'd propose simply this:

"Containers are similar to Solaris zones or BSD jails."

Neal McBurnett                 http://neal.mcburnett.org/