Editing permission?

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 11 02:17:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Mason Loring Bliss <mason at blisses.org> wrote:
> I want to edit typos on this page:
>
>     https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro11-1/Saucy
>
> ...but there's a big "Immutable Page" notice on it. I assume I need to
> explicitly be given edit privs either for that page for generally - how do I
> request these? Or did I just now by asking? :P
>
> Thanks in advance for clues. Please reply off-list, as I am not subscribed.

Very few pages need specific asking, but logging in successfully with
edit privileges can be tricky because of the Launchpad/Ubuntu Single
Signon migration. The help wiki requires a username but Ubuntu One
doesn't provide one, so you need a Launchpad account too. We wrote
some tips here for folks encountering the same problem:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide/Registration

Finally, it caches in browsers pretty aggressively, so you might also
want to confirm you do a hard refresh (or delete caches) to make it
reload fully and see that you're logged in.

Thanks for helping out!

http://www.princessleia.com