[Desktop Help] Security & Privacy - Input Request: lp120381

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 16 18:21:41 UTC 2014

Greg,

Your response to my attempt at answering your questions was unexpected.

On 2014-01-16 08:06, Greg Beam wrote:
> Unfortunately, I've put most of the things I had in the pipeline on
> hold, as I think there are several major issues which need to be
> resolved before any real progress can be made on Desktop help.

<snip>

> Until the structural problems are resolved, I'm not sure how productive
> volunteer contributors, those not familiar with the system of the past,
> can be.

It would certainly have been good if the guidelines had been 100% up to
date, but I do not agree on your conclusion. We can absolutely update
the contents and make significant progress despite of the shortcomings.
Please note that we are all volunteer contributors.

With 9 weeks left until doc string freeze for 14.04LTS, spending much
time and energy now on discussing and fixing the wiki.ubuntu.com pages
would not be so wise IMO. But having an overall discussion about the
future docs, and updating those pages accordingly, would be an excellent
activity to launch after 14.04 has been released.

> In any case, there's plenty of work to be done for 14.04, so I'm getting
> on with those chores, but will keep an eye on how things progress here.

All luck with that. And I hope you change your mind about working with
the docs. We all appreciate the contributions you made so far.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj