[desktop] Sync with GNOME

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 14 09:36:45 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-14 08:17, Kevin Godby wrote:
> We can certainly cut the strings and head off on our own; I have no
> qualms about that. It may be handy to compare the subset of our
> documentation that coincides with the upstream GNOME docs
> periodically, though, as the GNOME docs may gives us a heads-up when
> things are changing upstream that we'll have to address soon in Ubuntu
> (e.g., control panel applets).

Even if a couple of pages I just worked on originate from GNOME, and
carry the same file names, I felt that syncing now wouldn't be at all
meaningful.

Maybe we should clearly mark some pages as 'sync candidates', e.g. like
this:

  <comment>
    <cite date="2014-01-14">Kevin</cite>
  </comment>

and limit the comparison with GNOME docs to those pages.

Just a thought.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj