grub2 pages

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 24 17:04:14 UTC 2013

Hi :)
Again i haven't looked at your explanations in the changelog but short is good and extremely short is better.  Sounds like you have done the right thing.  People who want more details can look at the diffs from the history fairly easily.  In some of mine i just wrote "spam" as even "spam removal" seemed unnecessarily long-winded. It's more a very brief reason for why you edited rather than being a proper change-log.

I think we generally go for "folders" rather than "directories" because it's more friendly.  There probably are a few cases where "directory" is more familiar to more people so inconsistencies arise but it's unusual to hear people use the longer word these days.  I tend to avoid changing headings too often unless they really scream out to be changed (such as if they are all capitals instead of Title Case = i prefer Title Case).

In the boot display behaviour it might be easier to just say "above" but it might be an opportunity to learn how to use short-links within a page or to sub-pages.  I really don't think it matters which as both are probably used inconsistently within the Community Docs.  The official docs probably do have a policy on it but Community Docs tends to avoid having policies (or people tend to have no idea about them and just do what they feel like at the time).  Personally i might do the fastest thing and then intend to come back later to play around with links.

Your "initial default" looks MUCH better.  Easy to see with hindsight.  Thanks for solving that bug-bear!

In "timed displays" your re-ordering sounds like it makes more sense.  Go for it! :)

Many thanks for doing all that and giving such detail about it.  It sounds like you are going to be more comfortable with Official Documentation when the freeze is over.  I suspect the slightly anarchic "Community Docs" is possibly slightly outside your comfort-zone but you are doing great stuff there! :)

Thanks and regards from
Tom :)