man pages - was: wiki vs documentation

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 21:53:42 UTC 2013

Hey there,

Tom Davies wrote:

> Hi :)
> +1
> We should NOT be editing "man" pages.  They are primarily written
> by devs for devs and sometimes just about understandable for tier3,
> maybe tier2, IT Support.  They are NOT for general consumption and
> definitely not for noobs!  You probably understand most of them as
> you are all quite advanced users but even you will struggle with
> quite a bit of it.  Well, i do.

Most of us do, I think. Maybe a compromise can be made by the
documentation team reaching out to upstream and letting it be known
that there are some of us who would be happy to look over any man
page and add a user-friendly explanation and/or examples section. I
volunteer to be on the list of people upstream can contact. Any
others? (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.