man pages - was: wiki vs documentation

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 19 16:45:31 UTC 2013

They are all published and searchable here: http://manpages.ubuntu.com/

> Are they on Launchpad?
>
> Are there guidelines for how they should be constructed?
>
> Can any of us edit them? I wouldn't mind going to town on some of
> them. (:

Man pages are typically written by the upstream software project and
then just included in the packages we ship with Ubuntu. As such, any
edits of them should probably be done upstream rather than patching
the Ubuntu packages with our own additions, unless they are
Ubuntu-specific changes that we're looking to document.

http://www.princessleia.com