Team Leaders

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 10:17:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Jared Norris <jrnorris at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Jared,
>>
>> I have offered my help before to administrate the list but no one replied
>> to my email.
>> I don't want any extra position as I have a lot to deal with. However,
>> ALL what I want is to help this team and improve it and move forward. I
>> believe I have lots of skills and experience when it comes to Documentation.
>>
>> To be honest, I don't have time for that but it is that passion and
>> desire inside me to keep pushing me to give as always. I can be just a
>> member and contribute. I thought you guys need a Team Leader for this team
>> or something so I offered my help. I seek no position, I seek only help and
>> support to any community that have something I am in love and passionate
>> about, that is writing and documentation.
>>
>> You can have a look at what I have done for Ubuntu and its flavours for
>> the last 3 years and I am not saying that is enough, I am willing to do
>> more.
>>
>> --
>> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>> Best Regards,
>> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>> Areas of Involvement<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
>> My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>
>>

> Sorry I wasn't trying to judge any applications, just point out the wiki
> admins on the LP.

No apology is needed, Jared :) I know you for 3 years now and I do like
reading your feedback or what you think :) I always appreciate your opinion
:)

> If you wanted my opinion as a long time lurker and past contributor to the
> wiki area,

I definitely seek each and every opinion and above all, it comes from you.

> to me, Ubuntu teams don't usually need leaders. They generally do better
> with one more contributor.

If this is what the whole team think then I'd be very glad and ready to
help and contribute as much as possible as much time allows me to (since I
have lots of other tasks).

I have already done a fair part of contribution. Just one example? Ubuntu
GNOME had only one page [1] and since I have joined in July this year until
now, Ubuntu GNOME now have a complete Wiki Area and work still in progress
for more.

> --
> Regards,
>
> Jared Norris
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

Thank you, Jared for your reply and opinion :)

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME

Best Regards,