icons

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 17:44:00 UTC 2013

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 00:23:49 +0100, Phill Whiteside wrote thus from
PhillW at Ubuntu.com:
>From: Phill Whiteside <PhillW at Ubuntu.com>
>To: "Team, Ubuntu" <ubuntu-doc at lists.ubuntu.com>
>Subject: icons
>Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 00:23:49 +0100
>Sender: ubuntu-doc-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm going for about 10% chance of success here.. what do you good
>people reckon my chances of getting the various teams to use the icons
>page[1]? I'm thinking 14.04. Do please tell me if I have no chance!!
>Splitting the current contents page (which I've just done) and then
>into sub sections that are flavour specific. It will be one heck of a
>long page, and break our 'not too long' wiki page rule, but the links
>for the graphics must be stable and not change.
>
>Regards,
>
>Phill.
>1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IconsPage
>
>--
>https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw
>
>--

Phill, thanks for doing all this hard work and getting all the icons
together. This work is much appreciated.

I certainly could not have done the vast majority any better than your
goodself, but if I was going to suggest any changes, it would be to the
icons  indicating attachments.  They ought to have a clip to paper to
indicate attachment;I don't mind if its a paper clip or bulldog clip of
some kind.

A good one is in the default set of icons in the default theme that
comes with Claws-mail to indicate an attachment., but I'm happy to go
with your set if you're happy.

All kudos to you!

++ Graham Todd

Email created using gNewSense Linux 3.0 and hardened with
Liberté Linux 2012.3.
"Free Software, as free as in free speech and freedom"