list e-mail standards ( was RE: Saucy desktop docs review spreadsheet)

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Mon Sep 2 15:33:04 UTC 2013

On 2013.09.02 06:38 Phill wrote:
> That will be why the link does not work... it's too long for my gmail
account

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/UbuntuDesktopG
uide
> posts up as

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/UbuntuDesktopG
> uide

> Maybe something to look into.

Hi Phill,

I'm not sure what to say or do. Long URL's will always be split on
plain text Ubuntu distribution e-mails.

When I first started participating on some Ubuntu e-mail distribution
lists I was sending HTML e-mails and "top" replying. Someone took me
aside and said that I would never be taken seriously if I did not
adhere to the "standards". I cann't find that e-mail, or the link
I was given, but see "Technical guidelines" in [1].

I do all of the formatting such as "On 2103.09.02 06:38 Phill wrote" and the
">" and ">>" indenting manually, and I hate it.