Ubiquity fix for side-by-side installation

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 16 12:00:26 UTC 2013

Hi :)
I think that is a side-issue.  It is a bit weird but without being harmful.

My point about the partition sizes could easily lead people into damaging their systems irreparably if the screen-shots are not changed.  Even a minimal install of Xp takes up more space than is shown so if people use the image as a guide and forced it then they would break Xp, Vista, Win7 or Win8 beyond repair.

It's more likely a new user would install alongside one of the various versions of Windows but only if it's on a desktop or large laptop.  However, even longer-term users are not always aware of the option of making a multi-boot with various installs of Ubuntu.

Regards from
Tom :)

On Wednesday, 16 October 2013, 11:35, Hannie Dumoleyn <lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl> wrote:

I was wondering why the header says: Install Ubuntu 13.10 alongside
Ubuntu 13.10.