One set of documentation needs to go

Peter Matulis peter.matulis at canonical.com
Tue Oct 8 15:39:41 UTC 2013

On 10/08/2013 10:09 AM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> It is nice to see others just as confused about the documentation and
> differences between the community and official docs.

> I think having the official document in a blog format would allow people
> to participate more with particular documentation as well as pose
> answers and any corrections that one might stumble across with out
> needing to edit any official documentation.

Something similar was proposed a few UDSes back but the touted tech
(Sumo?) was not deemed ready.  Without any doubt in my mind, this is the
way to go.

Having official documentation and community documentation living in
isolation  squanders our resources and, like you said, creates
confusion, and frustration I might add, within the userbase.  It also
does not give a good impression to enterprise users.

~pmatulis