vUDS After Thoughs

Svetlana Belkin barsookmud at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 23:58:57 UTC 2013

On 11/24/2013 06:46 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph wrote:
> Oh yes, the training from Charles (or whomever) will be required
> before we add anyone as admin :)

Right, right.

I think the application process should change since the current one is
not making a proactive wiki admin team for cleaning up the wiki.  That's
why I suggested the subteam that works with the wiki admins to make a
list of pages to delete.

> I don't think we want to come up with an overaggressive policy of
> copying pages somewhere else before deleting them. We have to put
> trust in our admins that they will act responsibly and collaborate
> with each other when they are uncertain.
>
> Also worthy of note: the team has historically been very adverse to
> deleting pages that aren't spam, preferring instead to put in a
> redirect which saves history, preserves the link (which people may be
> linking to) and sends the user to a different page which may have
> relevant information. This policy can be discussed but I think it's
> worthwhile to keep it instead of completely deleting pages.

That works for me and I agree that system should stay in place (both parts).

Svetlana Belkin
--
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/belkinsa