Ubuntu Documentation - Getting Started

Hannie Dumoleyn lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Fri Jul 12 07:09:09 UTC 2013

Op 11-07-13 21:02, Benjamin Kerensa schreef:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I had previously sent out this rough draft to two of the team members
> and am now asking for more collaborating, editing and additions to
> this rough draft which will become our onboarding documentation to be
> added to the wiki.
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UVBkFzYepB63gFqde70UYYXndx77G7_LBZPRAeq2Ej4/edit#heading=h.yexjn8rzh47t
>
> Please lets begin the discussion and try to get this finished ideally
> within the next few weeks!

Good work!
I have read the instructions, and I do think they are clear.
Let me give a few suggestions/recommendations about things that came to
my mind when reading them.
1. About the tools: in this first part, which is also described in
packaging getting-set-up, I would skip the superfluous information about
pbuilder, ubuntu-dev-tools, bzr-builddeb and apt-file. The ubuntu-docs
contributors won't need those I think.
2. When giving a command in the terminal, it should say where to start
from, e.g. the home directory, the branch directory etc.
These are just some thoughts from me.
Best regards,
Hannie