Request to add a link to the SiteNavigation - Community Ubuntu Documentation page

David Manuel Pires slickymaster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 12:07:36 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Jared Norris <jrnorris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9 July 2013 01:57, David Manuel Pires <slickymaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I apologize for the insistence, but so far, besides Jared's response, I
>> have not received any feedback. Am I addressing the correct team? If not,
>> can anyone point me to the right one?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> David Pires
>>

> Hi there, I went to have a look at the main community page and see that
> someone has already beat me to it. As for the SiteNavigation page it
> appears to be immutable for me even when logged in. This leads me to the
> assumption that it's likely a system page for the wiki instance and would
> probably be coded in rather than user editable. As previously mentioned
> I've never used the SiteNavigation page before so I'm not sure how users
> would even find it.

Yes, that happened to me, also.  As I thought it was a community page, I
was convinced that I could edit it, but I discovered that was a immutable
one.
I know that the SiteNavigation page is using standard MoinMoin macros
( http://moinmo.in/HelpOnMacros ) to provide page listings used in
administration of the wiki and since the Ubuntu wiki uses categories
( http://moinmo.in/HelpOnCategories ) to sort its contents do you think we
should add the CategoryPopular tag to the bottom of all the pages
linked to from the NewDocs page?

>  Out of curiosity is there a particular reason you'd like it on the
> SiteNavigation page?

 As you say it yourself it 's just because we feel it is important to get
them easily visible.

> If you really want it on the SiteNavigation page and you are also unable
> to edit that page I would suggest logging a bug on launchpad to have it
> edited if no one responds on here. You could try logging it against
> ubuntu-docs [1] or ubuntu-website [2].

I surely can do it. But I think I will sit tight just for a few days in
order to see if there's any more feedback from Ubuntu Docs and then if that
won't happen, I'll report the bug against Ubuntu-docs and ubuntu-website,
as you suggest.

> Sorry for the lack of response but hopefully that helps. The NewDocs look
> pretty good so it is important to get them easily visible.

Don't apologize, your opinions and feedback has been invaluable and I
really appreciate them.

> [1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs
> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website
>
> --