[wiki] Move instead of delete?

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 16 01:33:53 UTC 2013

The page https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag/Deletion/List currently
lists 124 deletion candidates. I'm slowly realizing that there may be a
resistance within the team to irrevocably delete pages that people once
put a lot of effort into.

One idea is to move the deletion candidates to a hidden location as a
first step. For instance, the page I have picked on lately:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LocaleConf

could be moved to

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DeletedPages/LocaleConf

Then, if someone screams, we would have the option to reverse the action.

Obviously we should try to prevent that DeletedPages is linked to from
other places on the wiki, and a suitable entry in
https://help.ubuntu.com/robots.txt would be highly recommended to
prevent 'deleted' pages from being indexed by the serious search engine
services.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj