Reviewing the Community Help Wiki

cprofitt cprofitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 9 13:53:17 UTC 2013

My thoughts are in-line.

On Sun, 2013-12-08 at 23:48 +0200, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we had an semi-impromptu sprint about the content structure,
> maintaining, policies etc. Here's some of the outcomes of the discussion:
>
> 1) At the moment, we do not want to move pages to create any structure,
> but keep on using Categories

I think using the tags / categories is valid. I think there is a place
for both. Tags are visible to the end user and help with maintenance.
Categories would help with organization and are invisible to the user.
They could be utilized to create table of content like pages that help
users find what they are looking for.

> 2) We probably want to do some additional tags to the current ones
> The best option seemed to be start using one or two new tags:
>     <<Include(Tag/WrittenFor/12.04)>>, to denote that the page is
> specifically written for 12.04
>     <<Include(Tag/WorksWith/12.04,Tag/WorksWith/12.10)>>, to denote that
> the page works with 12.04 and 12.10
> In addition to those it would be useful to use "month categories" to
> denote the last thorough review or the creation date, eg.
>     Category2013Dec

I like the tags... we just have to ensure we make additional tags for
each release.

The month categories may not be needed if we utilize the abandoned pages
and orphaned pages.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OrphanedPages  (615 total pages)

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AbandonedPages (pay attention to the
headers which show the last edited dates)

The last edited dates are on the pages so users can find that
information.

Charles