Change default page and heading on Community Help Wiki

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 8 20:24:42 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Tom Davies <tomcecf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi :)
> I don't think the proposal is very clear.  It looks like you are
> suggesting taking the word "Documentation" out of the titles of all
> documentation?  or just out of the title of the wiki?

Hmm, re-reading it I do say "wiki" everywhere. What makes you think I
meant anything other than that?

> Can't we try to have the 3 different sorts of documentation have
> titles that are more similar to each other so we can present more of a
> united front.  Aren't they meant to enhance each other by each
> covering a different approach?  At the moment part of the problem
> seems to be that it looks like 2 or 3 groups are competing against
> each other.  People ask which is better as though seeking to rely on 1
> and ignore the others.
>
> I'd prefer to see names such as
>
> Official Documentation
> Community Documentation
> Wiki Documentation

I don't really understand these categories. We have two types of documentation:

Official Documentation maintained by the community
This is published at help.ubuntu.com

Wiki Documentation maintained by the community
This is on help.ubuntu.com/community/

There is also wiki.ubuntu.com, but that's for Ubuntu teams and is
outside the scope of the Documentation team.

http://www.princessleia.com