Ubuntu Classroom sessions for Documentation

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 2 00:32:07 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I looked at some of the examples from that link above and it seems to
> me that the teacher just does all or most of the talking and presents
> the information in whatever order her or she feels is best. What I
> can't figure out is how that's any different from a static web page,
> since there doesn't seem to be interaction between the teacher and
> student(s). The only interaction I saw was with what seemed to be a
> bot in one of the examples. Feel free to set me straight since I
> don't have any experience with IRC classes. (:

The sessions are split into 2 channels:

#ubuntu-classrom - Moderated channel where the instructor presents

#ubuntu-classroom-chat - Unmoderated channel where attendees can chat
about the class and ask questions.

If the question is general and of value to the wider audience, a
student will prefix it with QUESTION: in the -chat channel and it will
be posted by the instructor via ClassBot in #ubuntu-classroom. If they
are simply working to get their own launchpad account set up or
something specific to their own setup the the volunteers in
#ubuntu-classroom-chat (including the instructor) will help out
individuals.

Some sessions get more QUESTIONs than others :)

http://www.princessleia.com