Release TODO

Kevin Godby godbyk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 19:11:36 UTC 2013

Hello, Martin.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM, MARTIN DIXON <mh.dixon at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I would like to start helping , but am wary of being a pedant please see
> sameple attached to confirm my approach is OK

Pedantry is usually a good thing when it comes to writing
documentation—as long as it doesn't obfuscate things.

> Is it a standard to use a comma before “and”? There are lots of them.

Using the serial comma (sometimes called the Oxford comma or Harvard
comma) is a matter of style.  According to the ubuntu-docs style guide
(see rule 1 under the "Comma" heading at
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/StyleGuide/SpellingPunctuationGrammar#Punctuation>),
the serial comma should be used throughout our documentation.  If you
find places where the serial comma is omitted, please bring it to our
attention.  (I've noticed that the serial comma is omitted in headings
where the ampersand [&] is used in place of the word "and". I assume
this is an exception to the rule.)

> Using link Legal - https://help.ubuntu.com/legal.html leads to that page, but on
> https://help.ubuntu.com/legal.html
> Using link Legal creates a circular loop to the same page.

That's true. The footer text is added to the bottom of every page. It
may be difficult to add an exception to the legal page, so I doubt
this will be fixed in the near future. Thanks for reporting it,
though!

Thanks for your suggestions so far. Please keep them coming!

—Kevin