Ubuntu Documentation - Getting Started

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 25 19:01:17 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Doug Smythies <dsmythies at telus.net> wrote:
> @ Benjamin: Please chime in with your reasoning as to why
> it should go there? And doesn't putting it there clobber
> your previous page (see revision 29), where there appeared
> to be a reserved link for the page under "Working on system
> documentation"?
>
> My reasoning as to why it should not go there: The page is
> not generic to the doc team overall, it is specific to the
> system documentation, and even tailored to the desktop stuff.
> Therefore it is not a root level "GettingStarted" page.

+1

Perhaps https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/UbuntuDesktopGettingStarted

(I don't want to bikeshed on this, but that does look like the right
level of things even if we decide "UbuntuDesktopGettingStarted" is not
perfect).

I've also nudged Ben on IRC to reply, he was traveling last week so I
suspect he's still getting caught up on things.

http://www.princessleia.com