Ubuntu Council and supporting Phil

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 19 18:57:30 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 11:55 PM, Matthew East <matt at mdke.org> wrote:
> On 19 August 2013 03:47, Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Owner: The owner can change the team's description and membership
>> rules, and appoint team admins. The owner is also an administrator by
>> default, but can choose to leave the team."
>>
>> Via: https://help.launchpad.net/Teams/CreatingAndRunning#What_team_membership_means
>
> Lurker suggestion: the CC leaves the team but remains owner, leaving
> the current administrators to deal with team administration. That
> would (a) avoid the issue whereby the CC gets unwanted email from the
> team, and (b) reflect the correct structure of the community, whereby
> the CC is responsible for delegation to and supervision of community
> teams, and (c) avoid the need to create an additional team within the
> ~ubuntu-doc umbrella.

I like this proposal. I totally agree with Kevin that the doc LP
groups+projects are already confusing enough without adding another :)

> I think this is possible based on the above quote, and if so this is
> probably exactly the sort of scenario that it the functionality is
> designed for.

I'll check to see about the proper way of leaving a team while
remaining owner (the interface for membership management isn't
entirely clear), so if it gets +1 from the team we'll be ready.

http://www.princessleia.com