Ubuntu Documentation - Getting Started

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 16 08:22:51 UTC 2013

Hi :)
Sorry, i am a bit lost about the specific page being talked about here.

I suspect that Doug has done good work and kept it relevant.  I really like the look of this page right now.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/GettingStarted

There used to be a lot of stuff about getting a GPG key that always looked like it might be better on a separate page because it might be something that people outside of Documentation might want to do.  Do new documentation team members need to get a GPG key?  Is that part of joining Launchpad?

All this seems so long ago to me now that i really don't remember.  I think i didn't join the full team as a proper member but just edited a few wikis.  I think the best test for a page like this is to see how easy a noob finds it.

Is anyone on a User Support mailing-list/forum and able to post a quick little advert to let people know they could join the documentation team and/or ask them to test-drive this page?  In LibreOffice i recently had success with such an advert saying that their docs team was difficult to join.  Previously i've always tried to make it sound as though it's easy and then no-one has bothered but this time i got 2-3 people giving it a go.  I never understand people!

Regards from
Tom :)