Docs for Phone/Tablet

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 9 20:20:08 UTC 2013

We have not had a discussion with the Ubuntu Touch Team to see what
their vision for documentation is but I do not think the Ubuntu
Documentation Team will ultimately be managing that documentation
since that project is somewhat a upstream project.

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Mike McCallister
<workingwriter at prodigy.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've just joined the team, and look forward to helping out when I can.
>
> I am also working on a third-party users guide to Ubuntu Touch for Sams
> Publishing, and plan a chapter on documentation and other "ways to get
> help." I have a few questions to start with (and suspect there will be more
> as time goes on), and I hope someone here can answer them or direct me to an
> appropriate place/person:
>
> * Is there anyone working on documentation for (any of) the Touch Core Apps
> at this point?
> * Can you get to (a version of) the Ubuntu desktop guide in Unity on a
> phone/tablet today; if not, is that the plan?
>
> Unfortunately, Sams (Pearson Education) owns the copyright on this book, so
> I can't offer my text as official documentation. But I am definitely willing
> to help with editing such a project.
>
> By way of introduction, I am a technical writer by trade. By day, I write
> manuals for PKWARE (the folks that invented the ZIP compression format). I
> wrote two editions of "openSUSE Linux Unleashed" in the early 2000s, and
> also two editions of "WordPress in Depth" with Bud Smith.
>
> Many thanks for any help you can offer!
>
> Mike McCallister
> www.michaelmccallister.com
> Coming in 2014:
> "Ubuntu Touch: Using the Ubuntu OS on your Smartphone or Tablet"
> "Creating Your Author Platform: The New Rules" with Carole Jelen

Benjamin Kerensa
http://benjaminkerensa.com
"I am what I am because of who we all are" - Ubuntu