I just removed some terminal info from the unofficial docs

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 29 21:27:46 UTC 2013

I agree with Gunar... Lots of the online community maintained help includes
CLI instructions. Is this page even linked to from Ubuntu.com? There is
really so much that requires CLI in Ubuntu and if we start stripping it out
of community help we might see users getting lost.

In fact on IRC we do not ask people generally to go click on this part of
the UI but instead ask them to run CLI commands and provide output or
install a package with CLI.

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> On 2013-04-29 22:52, Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> > I don't want to offend the people who put so much work into this
> > section but IMO it's not appropriate to start new users out on this
> > foot.
>
> Hi Jorge!
>
> If you ask an Ubuntu usage question in a forum somewhere, how likely is
> it that the answer does *not* involve the CLI somehow?
>
> Personally I think that a CLI introduction is appropriate at the
> community maintained part of the docs. We should not pretend that Ubuntu
> is something it isn't (at least not yet).
>
> --
> Gunnar Hjalmarsson
> https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

*Benjamin Kerensa*
*http://benjaminkerensa.com*
*"I am what I am because of who we all are" - Ubuntu*