Upload of ubuntu-docs soon?

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Wed Apr 17 19:22:48 UTC 2013

On 2013.04.17 09:26 Matthew East wrote:
> On 17 April 2013 17:01, Doug Smythies <dsmythies at telus.net> wrote:
>> The 13.04 installation guide still said QQ and 12.10, and a MP was
>> submitting fixing
>> it. The theme remains an issue. Awaiting propagation of installation-guide
>> 20100518ubuntu9 to the raring packages, then maybe it can be added (still
>> with
>> Old theme and possibly missing images).
>> Edit: Oh, the new package is now there...

> Neither I nor Jeremy were ever able to build the installation-guide
> html using the help.ubuntu.com theme for the last few releases. It
> used to work but something has obviously changed with the build
> mechanism that we weren't able to figure out.

The old plan was to use:
"sudo apt-get install installation-guide-amd64" (4 times total
to get all flavours) on a 13.04 computer. Then:
"mkdir amd64"
"cp -r /usr/share/doc/installation-guide-amd64/* amd64"
(3 more times for the other flavours).
Then manipulate as required for entire 13.04 installation-
guide stuff for the help stuff.
It should work, because I already did it yesterday, before
realizing that the packages needed to be updated.
I wasn't going to worry about the theme being old.

So now:

> I believe that the
> installation-guide does not get a lot of attention and (I think) the
> alternative CD is no longer a supported method of installing Ubuntu
> anyway so I do not think it will be a big deal not to include this
> guide on help.ubuntu.com. In fact I think it's a good idea not to
> include it.

So the new plan is:

Do nothing. Don't include the installation-guide, unless what
Phil said, or someone else, dictates reconsideration.
Even if reconsideration is forced, the proposed solution
will be to point to the 12.10 installation-guide, as they are
the same except for version names and numbers and kernel version.

Therefore
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-docs/help.ubuntu.com
just awaits the ubuntu-docs content, and based on the POT file
update from earlier this morning, probably should wait for any
residual translation updates from that. So far, I have been unable
to create the html files for ubuntu-docs, otherwise I would be willing
to help with this step.

... Doug