Help on how to help

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 16 00:10:55 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-14 08:55, Elizabeth Krumbach wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Gunnar Hjalmarsson
> <gunnarhj at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Laura, Elizabeth, Kaitlyn: Does this sound as something that might help
>> you get started?
>
> This would be great,

Good. And Kaitlyn is impatiently waiting for something to happen.

> I will be back for the online UDS May 14-16th where we're hoping to
> discuss this blueprint:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-1305-doc-planning

Thanks for the link. Important initiative, indeed - I subscribed to it.

As I said, I'd be happy to make an attempt at creating a condensed
step-by-step guide aiming to help people get started with ubuntu-docs.
As regards the timing, "now" is right only if it's made possible to work
on the Raring docs, of course. Something we don't know yet. Otherwise,
if the Raring docs is considered a lost cause, it's reasonably better to
wait and see what comes out of the UDS.

> I'll be more than happy to participate upon my return for the -S cycle
> (or if we have to SRU some raring stuff). I have a lot of experience
> with bzr for individual projects and have packaged for Debian (not
> Ubuntu) in the past so I am up to speed on most of the individual
> tools and can catch up on the rest pretty quickly.

Sounds like you know a lot more than the target audience I have in mind.
Which is good, of course. ;-)

Cheers,

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson