Upload of ubuntu-docs soon?

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Mon Apr 15 23:52:47 UTC 2013

Did anyone manage to generate html files yet?

On 2013.04.14 13:17 Jeremy wrote:

> After all that is done, it would be good to update
> http://help.ubuntu.com/ with an offline copy of the documentation. The
> branch for that is at
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-docs/help.ubuntu.com

If I "Browse the code" from that page, I do not understand.
For example of I go to 12.10 and then serverguide and then I see the html
files, just as I expect. However if I go to 12.10 and then ubuntu-help,
no files are shown at all, not as I expected.

> It looks like for the serverguide you just need to
> run 'make serverguide-html' from lp:serverguide.

Yes, but you also have to create the pdf with 'make serverguide-pdf'
and do not include serverguide.fo from the 'build/serverguide/C'
sub-directory. And also note that the 'sample' sub-directory, missing
in 12.10, but there is 12.04, has been eliminated for 13.04.

If desired, I could do the serverguide part of it.

Question: Is the overview file index.html (at the highest level)
edited directly or generated from elsewhere? Ref:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-docs/help.ubuntu.com/fil
es/92?start_revid=92

... Doug