Broken images in help.ubuntu.com

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 09:58:35 UTC 2013

Hi :)
Images look ok to me.  That does not mean much though because i have carefully rigged this machine to read almost any image formats as perfectly as possible.
1.  Do you find other images are broken when using Chrome?  Is it just Ubuntu Help where images are broken?
2.  Is it only in Chrome (Chromium) that images are broken or are they broken in Seamonkey/Firefox/BonEcho or anopther web-browser too?
3.  Is it possible, in Chrome, to set-up a new user-profile or to rename the old one so that Chrome is forced to make a new one?  I don't know how to do this for Chrome tbh but here is the guide for LibreOffice and Chrome's should be in roughly the same place
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile
4.  the page you linked to doesn't have any images.  Please could you give a link to a specific page where you do find the problem?  It might be certain types of images or certain pages.
5.  What do you mean by broken?  Perhaps i was too hasty and didn't notice a rip or tear or is it that images are missing?
6.  Which version of Ubuntu are you using and do you know roughly which version of Chrome?  Usually you can find the version number of a program from
Help - About
but Chrome does something strange instead just to be different so i don't know how to find out :(  sorry!
6.  Which country are you in?  Some countries or organisations try to block images and other things but it seldom works properly and they end up blocking other stuff too.  Also do you have an AdBlock or image-block add-on that has suddenly gone wonky?  I use Adblock Plus in Firefox and although it's settled down now when i first started using it i got some very odd behaviour from it.

Has anyone else noticed broken images?  Has anyone had a quick look today?

Hopefully we might be able to resolve this quite quickly and hopefully it's 'just' a problem on your machine.  If it is wider then it might be more tricky.
Regards from
Tom :)