ubuntu-doc for raring

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Sun Apr 7 17:01:24 UTC 2013

Hi Hannie,

It looks to me as though the raring series for Ubuntu-docs has not even been
setup yet. Let alone the translations part.
By the way, I was doing the same as you, looking around via changing
"quantal" to "raring" in whatever web pages I could find.

Have a look at the series list at:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-docs
Where there is no "raring", whereas it should have been setup at the start
of this cycle.
Now look at the series list at:
https://launchpad.net/serverguide
Where there is a "raring" series. Follow some links and end up here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/serverguide/raring
and you can observe that Peter Matulis created the series.

All other series, both for Ubuntu-Docs and Serverguide have always been
created by Matthew East before, and now doesn't appear to be getting done.
This is what I was going on about in my previous e-mail. I do not think
anyone is at the helm of the Ubuntu-Docs ship at the moment, and it is
adrift. Furthermore, I think very few people even realize the situation.

Your second link doesn't exist because it has not been setup yet. This was
the same for the serverguide until last night, now the link exists, because
I initialized the raring series translations stuff.
It is not clear to me why your third link works, but I suspect it says 100%
translated because it is currently an unmodified copy of quantal. I.E. there
are no new strings or changes to translate.

By the way, the Dutch version of the raring serverguide says 1% translated,
whereas the quantal one says 2% translated (so there is a difference).
https://translations.launchpad.net/serverguide/raring/+pots/serverguide/nl/+
translate

... Doug