UIFE Request: Rename "Print Settings" to "Printers"

Redmar redmar at ubuntu-nl.org
Thu Sep 20 07:35:39 UTC 2012

Jeremy Bicha schreef op wo 19-09-2012 om 22:23 [-0400]:
> I have a UIFE request of my own to make. I'd like to rename the "Print
> Settings" panel in System Settings to "Printers". The source package
> is system-config-printer. If approved, I will do the upload before
> Beta 2 Freeze and I will make the appropriate corrections to
> ubuntu-docs before Beta 2 Freeze also.
>
> Please see http://pad.lv/1053189 for more details.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy Bicha

I'm not sure it would be a good idea to change this in ubuntu. First of
all it would mean extra work for translators and the documentation team
quite late in this cycle. Furthermore, that string was changed upstream
on request of one of the Dutch translators (it used to be 'printing',
which without context got translated to 'busy printing', which looked
very silly).
Even if there is a UIFE for this, please do request an upstream change
as well so translations can be shared between upstream and ubuntu.

Regards,

Redmar
--
Ubuntu Dutch Translators