12.10 Documentation String Freeze --> Sept. 25, 2012

Kate Stewart kate.stewart at canonical.com
Wed Sep 19 22:16:11 UTC 2012

Dear Documentation and Translation teams,

  Given some of the VERY late landing code with key features that
impacts the IDEs for 12.10,  holding to a documentation string freeze
date [1] of 9/20 just doesn't make sense.  To give enough window for
getting the latest features in screen shots and documented,  we'll be
resetting the documentation deadline to next Tuesday 9/25 [3].

This is going to unfortunately cut down on the time available for
translations [2].   To keep everyone efficient,  David will send out an
email tomorrow summarizing what is unlikely to change, and what
translations should not start on until after the Documentation String
Freeze[1] occurs.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience as we work through this.

Kate

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationStringFreeze
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TranslationDeadline
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseSchedule