Handling flavor docs (re: LP teams, permissions)

Connor Imes rocket2dmn at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 10 23:07:32 UTC 2012

Hey Lyz,

Sorry for the delayed response.  Long story short - with the current
setup, you need somebody on the ~ubuntu-core-doc team to commit.

Clearly the docs there are quite out of date now - are you planning on
starting from scratch or is the current documentation still the starting
point?  The latter may be beneficial to take advantage of existing build
procedures, even if you discard the existing content.  In order to get
somebody new on the team, they just need to show us that they are
familiar with bzr, docbook, and the docs build process.  Once we're
reasonably comfortable with that person (or persons), they can be
granted commit privileges.  Since nobody on the doc team is maintaining
the xubuntu-docs at this time, bringing in somebody new to do that would
be great.

-Connor