Localisation of console (again)

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:41:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Ratibor <ratibor01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When i do alt+ctrl+f3 for go to console - i see squares. May be this is problem
> has link with driver from nvidia what i install from official repositories. Not
> know. I don't have idea about that.

I think this is an issue with the graphics driver that keeps reseting
the configured console font.
I am not sure about the specifics.

A quick workaround is to set again the font to something appropriate.
Console fonts are found in /usr/share/consolefonts/
For Greek, I like the Terminus font, thus

    setfont Greek-Terminus16

and the font is loaded up again.

I am interested to see some better workaround to keep the proper
console font loaded all the time.
Perhaps we should move this discussion to a more appropriate mailing list?

Simos