Precise language pack post-release schedule

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Thu May 3 08:01:05 UTC 2012

Al 30/04/12 06:40, En/na Jeremy Bicha ha escrit:
> On 27 April 2012 13:39, David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a heads up that I've started preparing the post-release language
>> pack schedule for Precise. It's currently just a draft, which you can
>> find here:
>>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/PreciseLanguagePackReleaseSchedule
>>
>> The important bit for now is the first language pack. As some of you
>> might know, the Canonical PES team and the Simplified Chinese community
>> have been working to deliver a fully translated desktop. The first part,
>> the UI translations, has been finished, but the second part,
>> documentation, will be delivered in the first language pack update,
>> which I've scheduled for the 11th of May.
>>
>> To translators: you'll see that there is 1 day of testing initially, as
>> opposed to 1 week, as usual. This is because the 11th of May is a hard
>> deadline for the Simplified Chinese project. But in any case, I've
>> created another milestone following that, to have an extra week as usual
>> and have the language packs uploaded for those who don't have time for
>> testing in 1 day.
>>
>> To the docs team: in order to meet the schedule, would you be able to do
>> an upload of a new version of ubuntu-docs with updated translations on
>> the 7th of May? The date is critical for releasing the language pack in
>> time. If you think it's not possible, please let me know as soon as
>> possible and I'll coordinate with someone from the desktop team to do
>> the upload.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Ok, I've added May 7th to my calendar to get the next ubuntu-docs
> upload done that day.

Thanks Jeremy.

Somehow I had failed to see your reply, so please ignore my last e-mail,
and sorry for the noise!

> We have a rather impressive slate of 10 SRU bugs that we just uploaded
> ubuntu-docs fixes for this weekend. You can see the full list at
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-docs/precise/view/head:/debian/changelog

Thanks for the heads up. In order to coordinate well with translators,
they should have enough time to translate any changes.

* Do any of those bug fixes modify the original ubuntu-docs text (and in
turn translations)?
* If so, is the translation template in Launchpad up to date?

> It doesn't seem like the Simplified Chinese translation project is
> using Launchpad directly for their translation work, so please get
> them the latest potfile.

They do use Launchpad. They are currently reviewing the translations
offline, to be uploaded to Launchpad when ready.

Thanks!

Cheers,
David.

--